Monday, December 8, 2008

Assignment #11

Our group came to the decision of non member student athletes. We chose this audience because we thought we could have an effective argument on why it would be a good decision to come to BYU to play sports. We plan on talking about the tradition of excellence throughout the BYU athletic department as well as show off the great facilities, coaches, fans, and equipment that are available to BYU student athletes. We were also thinking of targeting an audience of just a normal student showing off the recreation activities that BYU offers as well as what the state of Utah has to offer.

Throughout the semester, I learned a great deal about audience and the importance of identifying the audience of papers that I have written or will write in the future. It is imperative that I identify who I am writing to because it will have an affect on how I write. My style and many other factors will be molded to whom I am writing to. I found it important that if I need to ask my instructor on who the audience is, it will help me to decide what possible topics I will write about as well as how my topics/arguments will be presented. I plan on asking as well as focusing my audience down to as specific as possible to better help my writing.

No comments: