Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Assignment #4

The article that I found was one concerning the extensive population growth in America. It focused on myths about overpopulation as well as facts and falsities about the subject. It talked about why there is overpopulation and the largest reason for it was people who have immigrated here and have children that they are unable to comfortably take care of.

I chose this article through the advanced search in the EBSCO database. I was looking for articles published within the past six months and were not too scientific and hard to understand. This was a friendly article to me because there were many simple illustrations, graphs, and charts that helped me understand facts about overpopulation.

The process I used was pretty simple. It was explained to me by the librarian in the tutorial given in class. I went onto the Harold B. Lee Library web page, chose the EBSCO database, went into the advanced search section and typed in the specific criteria that I wanted to have come up in my article.

The library instruction session was extremely helpful to me because I never knew that those resources were available to me. I will use them for many papers in my future. The scholarly journals were extremely helpful and in my other classes, we need to cite similar journals that I will be able to find through the helpful information that was taught to me in those two class periods.

No comments: